About Your Grammar (was Passive-o-Matic)

Subject: About Your Grammar (was Passive-o-Matic)
From: Doug Nickerson <Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:56:09 -0500

I agree that one can do it oneself as far as learning grammar. How you
ever going to know when the grammar checker is wrong?

Given that you don't need to know every grammatical principle in the world
write well (can we take that as given?), How did you learn the grammar you
know.

To be more TW focused, do you have innate ability, did you learn this on
the job, observation of the writings of others, had a boss that was a
particular stickler about ungrammatical constructions? Like these ones?

Regards,

Doug Nickerson
Bourne, MA.
Programmer/author/person/professional