degree

Subject: degree
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:07:24 -0700

BA in Elementary Education - highly recommended for technical writers. If you can handle a class full of wise-ass know-it-all dare-you-to-teach-me-anything kids, a mere SME is a piece of cake. And corporate Dilbertisms have nothing on Dept. of Ed and PTA wranglings.

MA in Counseling (I'm a cheap shrink by trade...) - also highly recommended for obvious reasons.

When I started doing this gig in the 'stone knives and bearclaws' era, there were no degrees in the field, and the field itself was only just emerging from the background of engineering writing. It's been a long, strange trip, and still chugging.

Pax -
Miki
mikim -at- ieee -dot- org

Boycott xma$ - celebrate a non-commercial holy-day!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000