Re: Technical books

Subject: Re: Technical books
From: Richard Mateosian <xrm -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:24:08 -0800

>Good book, if you want to get going with Perl:
>"Learning Perl" by Randal L. Schwartz & Tom Christiansen

Yes, but note this from my Dec97 review of it:

Learning Perl is a reasonably well organized tutorial, but it
suffers from an inordinately large number of technical errors -- the
kiss of death to a tutorial. O'Reilly's technical support group is
aware of these errors, so perhaps later printings will improve the
book's usability.

I haven't seen another edition, so I don't know if they've corrected
the errors. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.