Highlife music from Ghana (was Undeletable Subjects)

Subject: Highlife music from Ghana (was Undeletable Subjects)
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:42:58 +0100

>what topics would you find absolutely undeletable?

This isn't about tech writing, but it's about this list. I think it is
important to try to identify subjects which people find useful.

Could a query engine administrator for the techwr-l archives (Raycomm or
Documentation.com) tell us what are the most common queries? That'd be a
good way to find out what topics interest readers. While we're at it, how
about some other interesting statistics:
- most prolific contributors (you know who you are!)
- percentage of subscribers who just lurk (yoo-hoo!)
- most common subjects (parse all the subject lines?)

To take Jim's list of deletables a step further, I think we all look for
posts which are informative and/or entertaining. Many are neither (if you
find this to be the case with this note, then please delete me).

If it's true that people post the sort of stuff they want to read, then I
guess there's a lot of people who find quotations in sigs entertaining, like
reading people's vents, and like to engage in polemic, and like a fair bit
of personal anecdote. Fine, the list is by, of, and for the people, n'est
pas?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=