Re: Entry Level

Subject: Re: Entry Level
From: Bruce Boyer <bboyer -at- OBJECTSHARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:25:08 -0800

>I believe I can start now and learn as I go. However, most of the job
>adds, even those advertising "Junior Positions", seem to demand
>extensive experience and skills as hiring criteria.

My approach was to apply to any company that was hiring writers,
whether or not a basement position was specified. If they're hiring
writers at all, and unless they really have a very specific requirement
for a very good reason, they will consider an entry-level person with
good promise, which you appear to have.

Consider applying to companies, whether or not they are advertising,
that could specifically use your experience in physics. That's a start.
I imagine you have some programming experience, and *any* is more
than most writers in the software field have these days.

>happens to work in the SF Bay Area and can give me some pointers on how to
>break into this market.

I wish we were hiring, but alas not.

Bruce Boyer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=