specification for hardware

Subject: specification for hardware
From: Kathy Burns <burns -at- SKY -dot- SKY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:46:06 -0500

I have been asked to review a hardware functional specification for a
new motherboard, to determine if the specification provides enough
information to be the basis for documentation on the product, and give
suggestions for additional information, if necessary.

The spec provides a description of the motherboard with a block diagram,
and a brief description of all components on the motherboard, along with
a description of the local registers.

Does anyone have experience with a specification of this type? Should it
cover anything else? Is there information I should look for at this
stage that might help in developing documentation?

The document appears complete, but brief (little detail on any
component).

Please respond to me directly and I will summarize the responses for the
list, if others are interested.

Thanks,
Kathy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=