Re: Degree stuff

Subject: Re: Degree stuff
From: "Smith, Don" <dasmith -at- HAYES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:07:26 -0500

Doug Nickerson wrote:
<snip>

> dasmith -at- HAYES -dot- COM,Internet writes:
> >Received an Honorary BS in Electronics Engineering
> How do you go about receiving an Honorary BS?
>
> Doug Nickerson

Well, I can't speak in general on this subject, but in my case I
received my degree from an Electrical Engineering College. I was teaching
Electronic Technology at the time and had written a couple of Electronics
books. They said they want to give me the degree based on what I had done
for the electronics field. Teaching and writing technician level books. I
didn't (and don't) feel like I did anything, but was delighted to receive
the degree.
Got to got to graduation, sit on the stage, cap and gown, the whole
bit. Was great and I am most grateful.
Of course I am now alumni and am on the list to contribute, etc.,
like all graduates everywhere, right?
Very nice people.
Don

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=