Word 97 problem solved

Subject: Word 97 problem solved
From: "Beckton, Jon" <jbeckton -at- MHS7 -dot- TNS -dot- CO -dot- ZA>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:20:16 +0200

For information.
In case anyone suffers from a similar problem, here's one that came up and
was solved today. The version is MS Word 97. Isn't e-mail wonderful?

Problem:
I am busy with a "largish" word document that, since the last time
it was edited, now just hangs MS Word. I have renamed it, copied it, moved
it, loaded it from another PC, all with the same result: The document comes
up but that is all, Word just does not respond. Before I leap from the
bridge to escape from re-typing the whole thing, if there is anybody with
any suggestions on how I could recover some of the info, I would appreciate
it.
Regards
Charles du Plessis

Solution:
I think it's a Word problem. It's not your file. Under Tools /
Options / View remove the tick from Drawings. I think this is the problem.

Thavashen Padayachee

Jon Beckton

jbeckton -at- mhs7 -dot- tns -dot- co -dot- za
Tel +27 11 374 6596

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like
an idiot." - Steven Wright

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=