Review Process

Subject: Review Process
From: Tommy Green <tgreen -at- AESBUS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:30:50 -0600

We have used the process of PDFing all docs for reviewers to go through
here for Compaq. It has gotten mixed reviews. There is a new system using
Documentum Workspace. Document managing software that's promising. The
basic concept is that the writer has author priveleges and the reviewers
don't. It works off of Exchange similiar to what you are used to, but each
reviewer can see the others comments using colored notes. The author has
complete control. I don't know if it's readily available or if it costs a
bunch to license, or even the URL. I do know how much of a pain it can be
to get each review back in Exchange, and have to decipher all the comments.
Right now, my reviewers are using colored notes and I have to print out a
master doc, renumber it, and print the edit summary. Some reviewers just
prefer I bring a hard copy over for them to mark up.

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like
an idiot." - Steven Wright

Tommy D. Green
AESBUS Technology Group
(281) 587-2247 ext 30