Somewhat off topic: problem accessing internal web site

Subject: Somewhat off topic: problem accessing internal web site
From: Dina Marroquin <DMarroquin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:56:58 -0700

Hello.

I'm currently working on creating an online style guide for our company. My
first task was to create a possible Contents page for the style guide in
HTML. Ok, so far so good, even for a novice. When I was finished, I tried
accessing our internal documentation group's web page to see where I can put
this information and to find some links to add to my project. Well, I can't
access our web page through Internet Explorer (or Opera which I loaded just
to see if another browser might work). I can, however, access the page if I
go through Windows Explorer, locate the network directory, and click on the
index.htm file. From there, I can navigate just fine.

I am the only person experiencing this problem here. Everyone else around
here can access our web page from Internet Explorer just fine, even
non-documentation people. Frustrated! I've been wracking my small, tired
brain, wracking the brain of one of our IT staff, and searching the huge web
but can't find the answer. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what the
problem is?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Dina L. Marroquin
Technical Writer
FRx Software Corporation
dmarroquin -at- frxsoft -dot- com