Re: SQL-based Help

Subject: Re: SQL-based Help
From: David Hailey <dhailey -at- ENGLISH -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:09:22 -0700

I think I'll never have the opportunity to do this, or I would keep it under
my hat. In all of the discussions of help that I have seen, people
thoroughly dislike HTML-based help, and in recent discussions have had
similarly negative comments about Java-based help.

I work daily in an SQL driven environment, and it works beautifully. I
could invision a database/forms combination that would make creating these
docs much simpler than even RoboHelp, and would produce true-cross-platform
compatability.

Obviously, there is a small server problem--they are all pretty expensive I
think. But apart from that. . . ?

Dave Hailey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=