Printed/online doc from FrameMaker [Was: Cross-platform help from FrameMaker Docs, display sizes]

Subject: Printed/online doc from FrameMaker [Was: Cross-platform help from FrameMaker Docs, display sizes]
From: Gerry Bourguignon <GBourgui -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:45:48 -0500

Mark Dempsey wrote:
> I've submitted the link to my article about cross-platform help
> previously (http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/1059/help.html)

The above-referenced article states: ..."getting FrameMaker documents into a
form RoboHELP can work with is as problematic as it is for ForeHelp.
Luckily, you can transform FrameMaker to HTML relatively easily using
WebWorks, then manipulate those files with RoboHELP."...

I need to investigate producing both printed documents and HTML Help from
FrameMaker, and was wondering why you would use (and therefore have to
purchase) WebWorks instead of using FrameMaker's Save As HTML facility. I am
currently using RoboHELP HTML Edition 7 to document a suite of web-based
products, and use FrameMaker+SGML 5.5 primarily to maintain printed
documentation (and generate PDF) for legacy products.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I apologize if this topic has been
discussed at length in the past. I was unable to search the TECHWR-L
archives when I tried this morning.

Regards,
Gerry Bourguignon
LAVA Systems Inc.