Re: Help! Saving Documents

Subject: Re: Help! Saving Documents
From: Geri Lou Ciotoli <GCIOTOLI -at- ECS-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:02:16 -0500

asking me whether I wanted to or not. Even just opening word with the
default document resulted, when closing, in saving that default document as
Document1, Document2, etc.

With the help and knowledge of Steve Posey and Molly, both members of this
list, I learned that the virus attached macros to my template documents
causing the autoclose and autosave. I got a new Normal.dot from a coworker.
I was able to delete all the problem macros associated with my own template,
including my own customized macros (just for safety sake). I ran McAfee
Virus scan (version from 1/98) and found no virus' in my system or on any of
my files.. which is weird, since we know I had one. Maybe the software
didn't detect the virus cuz its a new virus and an outdated scan software.
But I tried to download the McAfee software several times and it just
wouldn't download. So.. if any of you can email me an updated virus
software, I would appreciate it.

Continuing Problem: Now, in Word 97, I still cannot delete three macros that
show up. They all have an extension of .MAIN (which I have never seen
before). They possibly came in with the Normal.dot I copied from the
coworker. Any ideas on how to get rid of these?

Also, to load my own customized macros back in from a disk, which directory
should I load them to? They must be associated with my custom template.

Thanks to all who have helped, and to all who may help me now.
(Tech Writer List -- I'm on Digest, so email me directly..Thanks)
Geri Lou Ciotoli
Dataline8000 Technical Communicator
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.
Office & Fax: 813-684-7659