Re: RoboHELP-MS Word - can't change style

Subject: Re: RoboHELP-MS Word - can't change style
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:58:24 -0800

David Downing asked:

| I'm trying to change the Normal style for a RoboHELP project, using Word's
| Formta --> style command. It looks like the change takes, but when I exit
| RoboHELP and sart it up again, opening that project the Normal
| style always
| reverts back to what's in the RoboHELP.DOT template. Assuming I
| don't want to
| change the actual template, do I need to create a separate style
| if I want the
| change to stay?

Sounds like you have "Automatically update document styles" enabled. Check
under Tools | Templates and Add Ins. With this option enabled, each time you
open the document, Word updates the document styles from the template on
which the document is based. If you redefine the Normal style in the
document (but don't save the redefinition in your template), the changes you
made *will* get wiped out each time you open the document.

Handy, huh? You can either disable the "Automatically update document
styles" option, or you can save your changes to the Normal style as part of
the template.

I hope this helps ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=