Re: Negotiations

Subject: Re: Negotiations
From: "Caroline Briggs (Pachaud) (Exchange)" <carolinp -at- EXCHANGE -dot- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:46:37 -0800

It's helpful to categorize your accomplishments. For example, you might
point to contributions you've made to the team, to the group, to the
division, etc. It's good to be able to talk about strategic as well as
tactical accomplisments--not just that you shipped a product, but that in
the process you also furthered the goals of your division, by designing a
new localization model, or whatever. It's also good to point to areas of
professional growth. Did you attend any conferences? Take classes? Get
product certified?

I can't really help with the negotiations part, but a well-developed
statement of your accomplishments is very important!

Caroline