Re: Inaccurate SMEs?

Subject: Re: Inaccurate SMEs?
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:53:24 -0500

My point of view on this situation:

I would go to my manager and explain the problem, along with my intended action
plan to resolve. This keeps my manager aware of what is going on (especially
if it affects the quality of my work and/or if it escalates into a MUCH bigger
problem - the last thing my manager wants it to be the last one to know). My
manager then has the option to add suggestions, jump in and deal with it and/or
back off and let me try to deal with it. I would not do this to cause problems
for the junior sme - nothing personal, it's just business. I also mention in
my monthly summaries to my manager any problems, concerns, etc. that have come
up through the month. I call it communication.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Geoff Hart wrote

> >If that doesn't
> >work, you may need to fall back a step and ask your own manager to
> >intercede; that's definitely a last resort, since it gives the
> >appearance that you can't handle your own problems.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=