Re: Developers

Subject: Re: Developers
From: bj <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:34:48 -0800

If you get a good, workable answer to this, I'd love to see it. I've dealt
with developers who totally ignore my notes stating that the same parameter
has been named three different ways or there are no examples for 50% of the
functions in this API, while sending me a markup with repeated notations on
the order of: "wrong font" or "shouldn't this column be wider?" What 'ya
gonna do???

BJ

"Leona L. Magee-Dupree" wrote:

> I gave a copy of instructions to a developer and the developer ignored the
> instructions and changed the sentences from active to passive. The
> developer tried to edit the documentation. What does a technical writer
> have to do to get feedback about the accuracy of a document and not "tid
> bits" of how to write from someone who does not know how to write? Why do
> developers do this? How should we react?
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=