Re: NETWORKING ARCHIVES

Subject: Re: NETWORKING ARCHIVES
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:25:17 -0500

At 07:42 AM 12/15/98 -0800, Alecia Lee wrote:

>I need to find a software application that will allow 10-15 graphic
>designers to access an archive of graphic design files through a network
>on Power Mac Computers. The archive needs to be able to hold over 100
>gigs of graphics. Something like a file sharing thing. Do any of you

Alecia,

What you want is called "image cataloging" software. If I understand
you, you want central storage of a ton of images, a database which
contains information about each file (probably including a thumbnail
image) and a way of quickly locating and retrieving the files on the
server, yes?

There are many packages like this on the market. It's been a while
since I worked on Macs, but Kudo (http://www.kudo.com) has a program
that does exactly what you're describing... and I'm sure there are
others, too.

Hope this helps.

--
Barry Campbell | barry -at- webveranda -dot- com
Web Architect | (list/personal mail)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=