Re: Already vs. All Ready

Subject: Re: Already vs. All Ready
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:59:41 -0800

<screed>
Just have to reply to this. Although everyone now says that "already"
is incorrect, doesn't exist etc., there was a time when you had to learn
the rule for distinguishing between "already" and "all ready." I
suspect that this is one of those things that some witless guru decided
was too much trouble, so banished "already" into the blackest hole in
the universe. Happens a lot when people with a little power don't have
a lot of reasoning ability or a lot of common sense.

The least common denominator syndrome in action.
</screed>

BJ

McCreash, Toni Lee wrote:

> Is "Already" the colloquial version of "All Ready"?
>
> Toni Lee McCreash
> Information Developer, ManTech
> SPAWARSYSCEN Chesapeake
> 1401 Crossways Blvd.
> Chesapeake, VA 23320
> (757) 523-8230
>
> "My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who
> do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
> first group; there was much less competition." -Indira Gandhi-
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=