Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: "Steven J. Owens" <puff -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:57:09 -0800

Hans Lonissen writes:

> One of the presentations was about Information Mapping. I've heard about
> it years ago and I know about the principles (it's the Unix man-pages
> idea).

This is interesting; I haven't ever heard mention of IM and Unix
man-pages together. Unless you're saying that IM on the face of it appears
to be simply using a layout like the ones used in Unix man-pages.

> The person who gave the presentation mentioned a URL, which I looked at.
> It gave me the impression of a combination between Scientology and
> Tupperware.

Y'know, it's funny, I've never thought to phrase it that way, but
that's also how it strikes me :-). Maybe we should throw Amway in
there too. I don't know much about Information Mapping because all
I've seen is a few brief mentions of it. They seem very obsessed with
secrecy.

Steven J. Owens
puff -at- netcom -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=