Re: Printable Web Manuals

Subject: Re: Printable Web Manuals
From: David Downing <DowningLst -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:27:34 EST

I think the hard, cold truth here is that what's idiomatic to the web and
what's idiomatic to print are two different things. My suggestion would be to
begin by having everyone write text and create graphic totally independently
of any format, then do formatting at a later stage, and do separate formatting
for the various modes of presentation.

This sounds like a situation where you'd benefit from SGML and several
different DTDs, but I don't know enough about specifics to offer much useful
advice.

David

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=