Re: Military Documentation Today

Subject: Re: Military Documentation Today
From: "Roth, Lesley, Ms., GATQ" <rothle -at- COMM -dot- HQ -dot- AF -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:30:00 PST

Hello,
This is Lesley Roth here. I suspect this message was sent from Smokey
but I didn't see a name mentioned or an off-line email address given with
the request for names of folks that have worked on military writing
projects...though the message directed me to look at the end of the
message. Maybe I just missed something.
I am currently employed with the USAF as a tech writer and am helping
the Air Systems (a s/w development agency) with documents related to
achieving CMM level 3. I also work on online help systems and user
manuals for individual projects.
Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that writing military docs is a good
way to learn the field. Most of the time, I must write to standards but
there is also a desire here to know what the commercial world is doing.
Often, there is the freedom to be as "commercial-like" as we want to be
while remaining within compliance to the standards.
For your list--my email address is rothle -at- comm -dot- hq -dot- af -dot- mil -dot- I am working
at the Pentagon. What will you be doing with this list? It might be
nice to make it available to the group, if the people who give you
feedback are receptive to being contacted.
Best,
Lesley