Re: No one reads the manuals

Subject: Re: No one reads the manuals
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 07:46:42 -0500

>>Can anyone tell me if they know "for a fact" that user's read the
documentation (skimming is included as reading). By this I mean have you
done a usability test, have you talked to customers. Does anyone have
facts that I can use to back up my belief that user's do read the
manuals.<<

In my experience, whether users read the manuals depends on many
factors. My *belief* is that *some* percentage of users always looks to
the manuals.  One way to check whether *your* users actually read the
manuals is to have conversations with your tech support staff.  They'll
know.

Peace,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com

Thanks

Suzanne Gerrior
Raymark Business Systems Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000