Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: William G Meisheid <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:58:46 -0500

>I gave her my opinion--that, although I'm no expert on the subect,
information mapping seems to be an attempt to package and sell (and
trademark) common sense techniques that good communicators have been
using for a long time...BUT that the concepts and techniques that are
collectively called info. mapping are valuable, because they help
organize and convey information efficiently. I told her I definitely
try to use these methods whenever I can and gave her some examples.

Tom,

Where would you find a cogent presentation of the principals outside
of the packaged and trademarked IM approach?

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified Baltimore/Washington area RoboHELP Training
Sageline Publishing 410.465.2040 Fax: 410.465.1812
http://www.sageline.com wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=