PDF vs. Paper

Subject: PDF vs. Paper
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:23:23 -0700

Happy Holidays from Utah!

Although paper is friendlier to the eyes than a computer screen, PDF is saving our bacon where I work.

Our field service engineers need ready access to tech data for many different models of X-ray machines and accessories. This info includes detailed circuit descriptions, troubleshooting info, maintenance software, and reams of electrical schematics. A couple of years ago, the FSEs had to carry around about 60 pounds of manuals everywhere they went. Now they carry a laptop, a few floppies, and a couple of CDs.

Mike Johnson
Michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000