Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?

Subject: Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:50:27 -0500

Ned Allison [ned_a -at- NS -dot- NET] wrote:
> I need a program that will convert PDF files into a WORD or EXCEL or
ACCESS
> readable document. TO date my search on the internet has not born
much
> fruit. Do any of you experts and helpful soles out there know of
something
> to assist me in a windows environment?

Well, the simple answer is, you can't. You can think of each page of a PDF
file as an image that displays in the Reader the same way it goes to the
printer (That's a gross oversimplification, but the analogy is correct).
Given that, there is no "conversion" possible. I also run into this problem
from time to time, and the only solution I can offer is to copy the text to
the clipboard and paste it into a new Word document.
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.
Mcraver -at- opensolutions -dot- com