Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?

Subject: Re: Convert PDF files to something WORD readable?
From: "Staples, Lorrie" <Lorrie -dot- Staples -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:41:05 -0500

The only thing I've ever found that worked was to put the PDF documents
(page by page) thru an OCR (a optical character reader?), which can put
the text in a Word document. This is a special piece of software that
will work with a scanner & there are different brands of the software.
The downside is that you will have to go back & read the document
carefully, as the OCR can convert characters incorrectly, such as, "m"
as "i" & "n", depending on the font it's reading. I found it to be
time-consuming, (although not as time-consuming as typing the
information over again!) because you must read slowly, as your eye will
correct the same things the OCR misses.

At least there's a solution out there!!

Lorrie Staples
NEXTEL Communications