Re: "Value" of Technical Writers-Response

Subject: Re: "Value" of Technical Writers-Response
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:05:34 +0100

Cheryle,

just as I was starting to respond to Andrew Plato's post, your message came
in and it is more or less exactly what I was going to say. You saved me a
lot of precious time. As we say in Holland: You mowed the lawn in front of
my feet (hmmm, this sounds terrible when translated). Excellent remarks,
couldn't have said it better. Except maybe that I do agree with the tools
obsession. Most writers seem to focus more on the tool than on the writing
itself. It's not the tool that communicates, it's the mind. Excellent Frame
or Word control doesn't make you a good writer, it only helps you to do the
job.

Best wishes for 1999

Jeroen Hendrix
PolyDoc