Re: Satisfaction (was ... Re: The value of technical writers)

Subject: Re: Satisfaction (was ... Re: The value of technical writers)
From: Leslie Johnson <leslie -at- MECHLIN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 07:18:31 -0800

In the interest of a positive start to the new year... Here are some
testimonial-type statements:

I have worked on all types of projects. Generally I have been treated well. You
know in the software industry programmers aren't always treated well or respected
either, neither are QA folks. It depends on the company, the project, the
management, and the individual. That's life.

On one contract, the man who hired me told everyone, "I got Leslie for the
contract. She can do anything." Well I can't, but I try.

On the last small project, the manager (an engineer) was sick and out of the
office for almost a week. I plugged away anyway. He said I was the one real
constant on the project who kept moving along. I think I might have been even
more constant, but I did my best.

All of this is not at all to brag. I have over the years been on some very bad
projects, where noone received any real respect. I have also run up against the
attitude that I am just a writer. That's frustrating, but it's not the end of
the story. My policy is to try to change the attitude, if that's not possible,
you can always find a better place, eventually.

Leslie

> Food for thought...if anyone else has wonderful job
> stories, it might be nice to hear some of those for a
> change.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=