Re: definition of a tech writer

Subject: Re: definition of a tech writer
From: Matthew Stern <MAStern -at- PLATSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:19:16 -0800

>A technical writer is a person who _________________________.

...couldn't think of anything else to do with a liberal arts degree. :)

(Excuse me while I go in the back and slap myself.)

Seriously, here is how I would end your sentence:

"A technical writer is a person who makes technology understandable and
usable."

The members of this LISTSERV could go into detail about the particulars of
our job, but I feel this is the heart of what we do. Hope this helps.

Matthew Stern
Sr. Technical Writer
Platinum Software Corporation

E-mail -- mailto:mastern -at- platsoft -dot- com
Web --http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5544/

"Put the Internet on a disk for me so I can put it on my kid's computer."
--An anonymous boss as quoted on Dilbert.com

The opinions here are solely my own.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=