Attitudes changing (was ... Satisfaction)

Subject: Attitudes changing (was ... Satisfaction)
From: Jean Ann Harrison <harrison -at- SOFTBRIDGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:29:25 -0500

Leslie writes:
All of this is not at all to brag. I have over the years been on some very
badprojects, where noone received any real respect. I have also run up
against the attitude that I am just a writer. That's frustrating, but it's
not the end of the story. My policy is to try to change the attitude, if
that's not possible, you can always find a better place, eventually.
Jean Ann:

To change an attitude can be very difficult if we try to force it on
someone as I am sure you have all experienced. I've always found it easier
to simply show by behavior rather than by words. Leslie, you seemed to
have done that in those examples you cited.

As you all know I am new to this industry (I haven't really gotten into the
industry yet) but working on a team, especially one of developers and QA
Engineers, I am very familiar. Showing interest in others' work,
especially showing sympathy without "brown nosing" the boss is a workable
solution. I've found when I show sympathy and especially understanding for
the boss's work, I get sympathy and better understanding of my own position
in return. It's just a thought, I know it has worked for me.

Jean Ann Harrison
harrison -at- softbridge -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=