Re: thoughts on color

Subject: Re: thoughts on color
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 12:50:14 +0100

On 29-12-1998 19:18 Gutierrez, Diane wrote:

>Color is used in grouping, such as all headings in bright blue, or to
>differentiate, such as a blockquoted passage, to aid in finding, as in key
>words, in reverse, as in chapter headings or numbers, as a background, as in
>shaded boxes or pullquotes, as dividing lines or grouping outlines, to
>distinguish a part in a diagram, to show directionality, to keynote a
>passage using symbols such as "Caution" and "Danger", and many other
>applications. Using only black and gray for this would certainly save
>money, but it creates monotony. Color should make a document easier to look
>at, easier to skim, and make the reader want to stay long enough to absorb
>the ideas presented.

It will work but avoid a clown's pants effect. I should prefer and
recommend a better, tranquil and stable layout over a many colored text
to attract all users (including minorities like color blind and certain
cultures).

Regards,
Kees de Bondt

The Quality Professionals from Holland
wish you and yours
a prosit neujahr
AlQuin Total Quality - cbon -at- wxs -dot- nl

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=