Re: Version/Documentation Control Software

Subject: Re: Version/Documentation Control Software
From: Beth Agnew <BAgnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:41:09 -0500

Don't forget to consider low-tech solutions to problems, rather than always
looking for a new tool. Would a document info box on the cover or in the
footer of your documents serve the purpose of letting you know which version
you're looking at? I have an example I can send anyone who wants it.

We use document info boxes, as well as SourceSafe AND a document management
system. Each has its strengths for keeping track of versions, version
history, and change control.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100  Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1        Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com    Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/bute/52/techwr-l/a.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000