Re: Ethical Question

Subject: Re: Ethical Question
From: Joyce Flaherty <joyce_flaherty -at- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:24:05 -0500

Some companies promote engineers to instructors, then to writers.
Some companies promote programmers to writers.

Some companies pay editors and indexers more than writers.
Some companies pay index editors more than all of the above.

These are big companies with global presence.

Joyce_Flaherty -at- liebert -dot- com

===================
Thomas Hudson wrote:

<snip>
I assume Mr. Plato was deliberately trying to stir things up here.
Kind of like going down to the Republican Club and telling them
they're a bunch of buffoons, and nothing like us -- objective
Democrats. Or vice versa.. If this list needs a gentle stir now and
then -- bring it on!
But too many replies took his bait. Mr. Plato had just two points:
1-HE left our profession (another failed TW, alas); 2-He's become an
ENGINEER.. And incidentally, he's interviewed many many many
incompetent TW's. Pretending to wrap these self-serving points in a
highfalutin discussion about our profession just won't fly - I don't
buy it. I myself have enough engineer stories to fill a book or two. I
can't count the number of failed engineers I've had to interview for
TECH WRITING spots.
<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=