TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Job Listing Washington DC area From:Marianne Bowen <mbowen -at- IMCI -dot- NET> Date:Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:15:10 -0500
This is a job opening my company will announce this coming weekend. Please
respond either via e-mail to hr -at- imci -dot- net, FAX to 703-893-4847 or mail to
8401 Old Courthouse Road
Vienna, VA 22182
Our Software Department is firmly established in the latest
methodologies and technologies that are fundamental to the rapid development
of robust, maintainable, and reusable software.
To learn and document the features and functionality of IMCI
Technologies products and services. The candidates would need to have
excellent writing skills as well as excellent inter-personal skills. This
position requires individuals who can with minimal interaction with
developers, organize and present information in a clear and concise manner.
The documentation produced must be of high quality and presentable to our
users and customers. The technical writing will be done for in-house
products as well as projects done for customers.
* Learn and understand our products and services.
* Document the products and services in a clear concise manner.
* Get proper review of documents for technical content.
* Write User Guides, Field Installation Guides, System Specification
and Overview Documents, Test Procedure Documentation, Product Definitions,
Operational Procedure and Troubleshooting Guides.
* Get marketing review of documents for style and presentation input.
* Work with the development, test and support teams to ensure
informational content of documents.
* Work with and support the marketing department with their
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must have knowledge of Micorsoft Word or Adobe FrameMaker
* Must be able to run applications in both NT and UNIX environments.
* Knowledge of a publishing package would be useful knowledge as well,
* Excellent inter-personal and written skills.
* Good logical and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated and self-directed.
* Ability to manipulate graphics and get screen shots a plus.
Education and Experience:
* B.S. or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory.
* Previous technical writing or product support experience is needed.