RoboHTML and UNIX

Subject: RoboHTML and UNIX
From: Kristen Grace <kgrace23 -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:51:46 PST

I've seen a few postings regarding HTML help lately and have a specific
question for any of you who have used RoboHTML for distribution on UNIX.
Please respond to me directly as I'm on digest.

We created a sample HTML file using WebHelp. Our customers are using
Netscape on UNIX machines. One particular machine is having a display
problem with the Java applet that creates the left pane (TOC). This is
what we've learned so far: the Java applet calls for a font called
dialog 10pt. The substitution font is displaying with no letter spacing
(i.e., it's all smooshed together and unreadable). Since this is
embedded within the Java applet, we cannot override the font selection.
We cannot go ahead with any type of online (HTML) Help effort until this
is resolved, and we're working against a rather tight deadline
(surprise).

We contacted Blue Sky, who has never encountered this particular
situation before. The developer who created the Java applet is no longer
employed there and they have no suggestions on potential fixes.

Have any of you come across this problem before and, if so, is there a
way to address this problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Again, please respond to me directly as I'm on digest.

Kristen Grace
Technical Writer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=