QUESTION: book recommendations

Subject: QUESTION: book recommendations
From: "Ternes, Andreas" <A -dot- Ternes -at- SPS-PRESSEN -dot- DE>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:35:16 +0100

Hi all,
because there are not many German books about technical communication in
general (and I know most of them) I want to buy some books from the US.
According to the recommendations from this list the following three
titles are a must:
- JoAnn Hackos, Managing your documentation projects
- Karen Schriver, Dynamics in document design
- Nancy Hoft, International technical communication.

While surfing around for other US titles available here in Germany I
found these three books which have not been mentioned on this list, as
far as I remember (and I can't find them in the books section of the
Renishs book-list):
- Leslie M. Haydon, The complete guide to writing & producing technical
manuals: A reference of style and procedure
- Marlana Coe, Human factors for technical communicators
- Ken Whitaker, Guide to publishing user manuals (all titles published
by Wiley).

Have any of you read one or all of these books and can tell me if it is
worth buying them?
You can answer directly to me (a -dot- ternes -at- sps-pressen -dot- de) or to the list.
TIA and have a nice weekend.
Greetings from Germany
Andreas

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=