Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue

Subject: Re: Seeking Input On CM-Idiot Issue
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:24:41 -0800

Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> At 10:28 AM 1/8/99 -0500, Gil Yaker wrote:
>
> >Why is Version Control/CM/SC so vital to a project?
>
> Scenario #1 - #4

Just my little two penniesworth here...a previous contract I was on used
the "if it ain't there, it cain't cause trouble" system of version
control. In other words, always, ALWAYS overwrite the old file with any
changes...never, NEVER, save an older version of a file. It's too
confusing.

Sheesh!

I had to hide my old files on floppies or I'd be ordered to remove
them. You see what happens when they put a production weenie in charge
of a documentation dept???

BJ

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=