BEST SOFTWARE

Subject: BEST SOFTWARE
From: Bonnie Murray <bmurr -at- INAME -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 09:29:42 -0800

Hi all,
I have recently started a new job with a fairly large non-profit
organization that creates a lot of documentation- manuals( up to 200 pp),
education materials, pamphlets, newsletter,etc. for use by 40 branch
offices.The documents are largely text with sometimes extensive formatting
and some images. Currently, there are no standards for documentation, no
style sheets, nor any way of controlling the documentation. We on on a LAN
and are looking at creating a WAN in the near future whereby our branches
could access documents via the Web. My supervisor has authorized me to
purchase whatever software I need to bring the office documentation under
control. I would be responsible for the creation of standards and any
conversions necessary ( I am also the systems admin and responsible for
developing the website).
My question to the list is this:
would Pagemaker or Frame be the best program to use? My concern with Frame
is the higher learning curve and fewer experienced users making it more
difficult for the organization to maintain the documents if staff turnover
occurs. Does Pagemaker truly have similar ability to create single source
docs as Frame? What does everyone think?
Sorry for the long post but I really need some input before choosing the
software and I am hoping the list can help.
TIA
Bonnie

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=