Re: Tech Writing 101 - How to tie a shoe

Subject: Re: Tech Writing 101 - How to tie a shoe
From: Garret Romaine <garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:39:01 -0800

Robert writes:
> Your comment about no shortcuts brings this question to mind. You're not
> trying to cheat on your homework are you? Why don't you share with us
> what
> YOU have written?

[Romaine, Garret H] Hey, where's the smiley? :-)
Nah, I'm not cheating. I used this exercize to try to get the students to
understand how difficult it is to document something seemingly simple
without pictures. Words only. I'll have 13 different versions to work with
tonight, hopefully.

I can't find my old WordPerfect 4.2 file of what I wrote -- but I remember I
really went to town. A glossary, an overview, advanced knots...it was fun.

Garret Romaine
garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- tek -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=