Re: Techwriting 101

Subject: Re: Techwriting 101
From: "Beck, Sue" <Sue -dot- Beck -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:16:56 -0800

Looking at it from another perspective, since I'm new to the field I would
appreciate a company which asked me to take a writing test as part of the
interview process. It would give me an opportunity to demonstrate my
ability, which is not necessarily well reflected by my job experience.

I do, however, see the viewpoint of those who have lengthy resumes and
multiple writing samples feeling that they should be past this point in
their careers.

Regards,
Charlotte A. Archer

And yet another perspective... if I have a "weakness," it is the time I take to develop a thought, a project. When put on the spot to "produce," I generally don't do as well. Testing was never my strongest point. So, while I understand the perspectives involved in all sides of this issue, I prefer not being "tested." I have years and years and years of experience so this seems an elementary approach.

I do agree that an interview is an opportunity for a prospective employer and employee to check each other out.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=