Sending Fonts to Service Bureaus

Subject: Sending Fonts to Service Bureaus
From: Jeff Jansen <jsjansen -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:48:57 -0800

Friends,

I have been doing some Pagemaker work (to be printed) for a client at their
site. Now that it is time to send the PM file to the service bureau (SB) to
get film made, my client is refusing to send copies of the fonts that we
used in the document to the SB, saying that that is a violation of the
license agreement my client has with the font manufacturer.

My understanding has always been that sending fonts along with a print job
to a SB is common practice, as long as the SB agrees to delete the fonts
after the job is done, which this particular SB has promised to do.

Can any of you confirm that this is, indeed, common practice?

Jeff Jansen | Modest Systems / Portland, Oregon, USA
| Superior Technical Communication in Ink and Pixels
| "We're pretty darn good, but we don't mention it."
| (503) 239-7520 www.teleport.com/~jsjansen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=