Re: screen dumps in books

Subject: Re: screen dumps in books
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:08:54 -0500

Sean...you're not going to win them all, and in fact, it's sometimers better to
let them have one once in a while.

I happen to think that screen shots are more good than bad and I don't have a
problem of including them, infact, I encourage it.

We also have on our Frame Reference pages a collection of templates (black on
white, white on spot color, etc.) for our character-based screens. When we want
to include a screen, we open the Reference Page, select the appropriate screen
template, copy to clipboard and paste it on the body page. I know that this
isn't the conventional way to select from a Frame Reference page, but it works
for us. It makes the Reference page part reference and part template library.

Brierley, Sean wrote:

> Thanks.

> Yes. I agree. I have been here maybe eight weeks. This situation, I
> believe, was made for me. I address some of these issues by asking
> "programming" questions like "why do you think that?" After
> "programming" pauses for an extended period, as they do, I explain why I
> have a different view. This, I notice, has caused some chin dropping.
> However, I really do not want to be entirely antagonistic. I haven't yet
> offered an opinion on their programming, structure, or code.

NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!....do this only as a last resort.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=