Re: Buttons: Radio vs. Radial?

Subject: Re: Buttons: Radio vs. Radial?
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:01:45 -0800

You want to go with Radio there, or Option, according to the Microsoft Style
Guide:

"Refers to option button, the round button in dialog boxes that users select
to make one choice from among several items. Do not use in end-user
documentation; use option or the specific name of the option instead. Avoid
in technical documentation. If necessary for a particular technical audience
or to maintain consistency with previous documentation, use option button,
noting on first use that it's also called radio button, and include in the
index as a synonym for option button."

In Visual Basic, they are referred to as radio buttons. Why? Good question,
as they're not really buttons.

As for radial buttons, I'm afraid you'll only find those on certain round
elevators. DB.