Need to translate Oracle desktop instruction manuals into Spanish , French, and Italian

Subject: Need to translate Oracle desktop instruction manuals into Spanish , French, and Italian
From: "Sherman, Diane" <Diane -dot- Sherman -at- JACOBS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:48:06 -0800

[cross-posting to winhelp and techwr-l]

this company has been customizing Oracle Financials for the past 18 months.
they finally went live domestically and are now preparing for international
rollout.

they have several manuals of desktop instructions -- in other words, how to
do the business processes of THIS COMPANY using Oracle software.

one of the international fellows asked me how i'd go about geting these
manuals translated into spanish, french, and italian. it seems logical that
boilerplate or standard Oracle documentation cannot be adapted to this task,
although a terminology dictionary might help.

he also asked me to investigate translation software. i'm pretty sure we're
not alloting a large amount of money for this task.

so, can anyone point me to a first step? i did a search for translation
software and found what looks like a zillion possibilities. has anyone here
been involved in an international rollout of Oracle Financials? has anyone
evaluated translation software? also, has anyone had to translate Oracle
screens into these languages? any other answers or recommendations or
helpful mailing lists or links or hints or tips or ... ?

this has GOT to be a wheel that's already been invented...

thanks in advance,

diane sherman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=