Re: ANON: Feature Incomplete Training Issues

Subject: Re: ANON: Feature Incomplete Training Issues
From: Robert Bennett <RBENNETT -at- TECHDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:48:16 -0500

Anon:

I suggest that you forget the software and do the training based on the
storyboards (I know you don't really have any, but make some.) The software
(vaporware, in this case) will not be ready. It never is.

If someone whines about it, suggest that s/he run the vaporware to accompany
your storyboard presentation. If it works, fine. If it doesn't, two
wonderful things happen:

1. Whoever is running the vaporware looks like a fool; you don't.
2. While der vapormeister is rebooting, you calmly turn back to your
storyboard and continue with the presentation.

With forked tongue in both cheeks,

Bob

Anon wrote (in part):
> The developer has promised a version of the software that I can use for
> training by 1/21/99.
>
> I'm reluctant to provide training and documentation with such a short
> window
> of time facing me. My manager is supportive, yet I don't feel comfortable
> with the present schedule. I don't want to present the training and have
> the
> software perform unexpectedly. QA is minimal on this product--I'm finding
> more bugs than the QA person.
>
> I feel like I'm in the position of a movie reviewer looking at storyboards
> and writing a review of the finished product.
>

> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
> =

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=