Style/Layout for Manuals

Subject: Style/Layout for Manuals
From: Frank Clark <FrankC -at- COMPUSENSEINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:05:52 -0500

I hope that someone out there can help me with this. I am looking for
something to give either theory or examples of good/useful layout/style for
manuals. I am currently updating some reference manuals and writing a
series of docs to complement courses (on software products).

I know this may seem like a basic question, but I am trying to work with
managers and content people and need to have some concrete examples to show
for a change to the layout to the existing docs.

I am hoping for some help from the collective wisdom. If anyone has some
answers, examples, web sites etc. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Frank Clark
Technical Writer
CompuSense, Inc
Frankc -at- compusenseinc -dot- com <mailto:Frankc -at- compusenseinc -dot- com>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=