Re: Canadian Spelling

Subject: Re: Canadian Spelling
From: Michael Blair <mjblair -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:48:01 -0500

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:54:56 -0400, "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
wrote:

> I curious to know how many Canadians have adopted "Canadian spelling"
> (whatever that is! :-) ) and have you chosen a specific dictionary
> such as the Gage Canadian Dictionary or the Canadian Oxford Dictionary?
> Thoughts? Thanks!

Personally, I think the Canadian Oxford is far better than Gage. And the
companion Guide to Canadian English Usage is pretty handy too. I also
highly recommend Editing Canadian English published by the Freelance
Editors Association of Canada (FEAC) which, if memory serves me, may now
be simply EAC.

As for using "Canadian Spelling", well, first you gotta figure out what it
is... Oh, let's not open that can o' worms.

--
Michael Blair
Blair Technical Communications Tel: (514) 989-8713

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=