pronouns

Subject: pronouns
From: Marianne Bowen <mbowen -at- IMCI -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:03:27 -0500

I am currently editing an older User Guide and have found that it uses "the
user can do this" to describe system features, and "you will do this" to
describe specific tasks. This really bugs me, since I do like consistency.
Is it acceptable to be inconsistent in pronoun use when it comes to
technical documentation? Maybe it is just me. :)

Marianne Bowen
Technical Writer
IMCI Technologies (tm)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=