Re: Generating API documentation

Subject: Re: Generating API documentation
From: Sven-Ola Tuecke <sven-ola -at- BERLIN -dot- CONTRIB -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:12:19 GMT

Hello Geoff,

maybe you'll find the POD (Plain old documentation) concept used in
the Perl language worth a look. Under linux just enter "man perldoc".
You'll find a system of converters, mainly used to extract a formatted
manual out of perl source code and convert this to HTML, man, SGML or
DVI. Perl comes with souce, so maybe you are able to adapt this stuff
for you project too.

Sven-Ola

geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net (Geoff Lane) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>My current project includes documenting an API. The source code is in C. I
>can access the source as plain text on either Windows 98 or Linux. Can
>anyone recommend a utility that can scan the code and produce basic API
>documentation?
>
>I've searched the archives for both this list and WinHlp-l and discovered
>API2Help (C++), AutoDuck (VB), and DocumentVB (VB). However, I can't find
>anything that does the same thing with plain-text C source files.
>
>TIA,
>
>Geoff Lane
>Cornwall, UK
>geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net
>

>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Sven-Ola Tuecke Commando GmbH Alte Jakobstr. 149
sven-ola -at- commando -dot- de 10969 Berlin Germany, Sol III
http://www.commando.de Tel: +49 30 62709-129
AG Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 65152 Fax: +49 30 62709-150

Note: You cannot trust this public key until you have reached
me personally and verified that the person you met is
really me...

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=